Hosting Support Agent
We believe that customer service and support is the area where any company stands out, and we pride ourselves on our excellent reputation for knowledgeable, friendly, efficient support. We are a privately owned and financed company, and are looking for a keen, friendly, enthusiastic person to join the team and grow with the company.
In this role you will be required to provide technical and billing support to NuBlue hosting clients via telephone, LiveChat, and our email ticketing system. You will also be responsible for providing advice to prospective customers to help them find the most suitable Hosting Package for their web project.
In this role you will report to the Support Team Leader, and to a lesser extent, the Hosting Manger. You will work within the Hosting Support Team. You will work on customer issues as a team effort (using our email ticketing system), therefore good communication, a friendly manner and an awareness of others' actions are essential.
List of Duties and Tasks Performed
- Advising prospective and existing customers over the phone, live chat and our email ticketing system
- Investigating and helping with common hosting customer issues, such as setting up email accounts, web space enquiries related to the Parallels Plesk control panel and billing queries
- Helping users with SSL registrations and domain name transfers/management, through our automated systems
- Escalating issues that cannot be resolved by yourself, and/or correctly passing issues relating to more advanced platforms to other team members
- Learning about common hosting issues related to the Magento e-commerce system (our most popular hosted application)
- Converting sales queries and following up on potential sales leads
- A positive attitude, reliability, and a willingness to learn about a multitude of well documented platforms, systems and common hosting issues.
- Must work well with our small friendly team. You should be able to ask for help and willing to help others.
- Must work well alone, be a self-motivated learner and not afraid to 'Google it'!
- Must be organised and able to work quickly under pressure.
- Previous experience in a Hosting, Support, Sales or IT based field is a definite advantage, but the right attitude and desire is more important!
- Some Linux and/or Web Development exposure would be useful. Full training will however be given to the right candidate!
- Some experience of the web technologies we use daily (e.g Magento e-commerce, Wordpress blogs, Joomla cms, web hosting control panels and domain registrar panels)
- A desire to start and grow your career as part of a strong, customer focussed team of web hosting professionals
The position would be based at our Office in InfoLab21, Lancaster, on the University campus.
You will be working in a PC/Windows 7 environment, using the Plesk Hosting Control Panel, Cerberus Helpdesk ticketing system, livechat software and of course a phone (obviously not all at once!)
The job comes with Company Pension Scheme and regular team days out. Once the 3 month probationary period is over, NuBlue will pay for 2 employee benefits from a list which includes Car Breakdown Cover, Home Emergency Protection, Airport Lounge Access and an Activity Allowance amongst others.
How to apply
To apply for the position please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com - no agencies please!