Exclusively UK based servers. Brilliant performance that won't slow down (because we won't let it). And compatibility and flexibility that's perfect for start-ups and smaller web-ventures. Discover performance, value and support from NuBlue Shared Hosting. Sharing without compromise.
Shared hosting without compromise. Use the slider below to select your Shared Hosting Package and then buy online.
- Business Grade Speed and Availability
- Excellent support team contactable through all means known to man*
- PHP 5.x + Mysql 5 hosting with superb web app compatibility
- 80+ Web applications available for install with literally a few clicks
- Self-scheduled backups and NuBlue daily emergency backups
for when accidents happen
- Rock solid advanced email platform
Speed and reliability
No one ever thanked you for a website that always works. But you’ll soon know about it if things change. At NuBlue your shared server space gives your site the room it needs to operate at its best. We don’t pack our servers to breaking point, so your site doesn’t slow when traffic levels are high. And we constantly monitor our shared servers 24/7 to ensure that when your customers want to buy, your site’s ready.
NuBlue Support Team
Support that’s really, genuinely supportive? Now there’s a novelty. Lots of ways to contact us, lots of help on our forums, knowledge base and Twitter feed. And real people, eager to help, who talk your language – whether you’re a developer or business owner (or both). Call, email or chat online to a support team you’ll be happy to recommend.
Broad Web app compatibility
Your hosting has to be compatible with the Web applications that will help your site do all it needs. Our shared hosting packages run PHP 5.3. They’re highly compatible with PHP Web apps. And the addition of Installatron’s Application Installer lets you easily install any of over 80 leading Web applications from Wordpress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal and more. So whatever you need your site to do, with NuBlue it can.
We’ve got your back
Oops. You’ve changed something you didn’t mean to. You’ve edited a file and you want the original back. Accidents happen, but there’s no need to worry. Shared hosting with NuBlue lets you backup on demand or schedule regular backups, so you can avoid those moments of panic. In addition NuBlue uses Idera’s CDP to take daily block level emergency backups, so we’ve got your back - no matter what happens.
Feature Comparison Table
Feature Comparison Table
PRICE PER MONTH
|Ultra-fast bandwidth from one of the fastest datacentre fibre networks in the UK|
|Undersubscribed fast servers, pro-actively monitored 24/7|
|Real-time server monitoring with engineers on standby 24/7 |
|UK Datacentre (Manchester) |
|Exclusively high quality Dell Server hardware for nodes|
|Independently top rated support team|
|Multiple contact methods, live chat, email and phone|
|Email responses in under an hour during office hours (on average)|
|Support from Knowledgebase written guides & tutorial videos|
|Remotely hosted server status page|
|Certified systems administrators|
STANDARD PANEL/WEBSPACE FEATURES
|Plesk control panel on a Parallels Virtuozzo server|
|PHP 5.x and MySQL 5 with superb Web application compatibility|
|Magento optimisations to ensure excellent store performance|
|Installatron application installer allowing 80+ web apps to be installed with speed and ease|
|Easy Cronjob creation|
|SSL support and full SSL administration|
|Perl, Python and SSI support|
|Awstats & Webalizer server level website statistics|
|Control panel file management|
|FTP account management|
|Easy MySQL database creation|
|PHP MyAdmin panel|
|Password protected folders|
|Configurable scheduled backups from your hosting panel|
|On demand backups from your hosting panel|
|Daily NuBlue emergency backups using Idera CDP|
|Rock solid and feature packed email using the Postfix email server|
|Your choice of industry leading Atmail webmail or Horde webmail|
|Magic Spam professional server level anti-spam protection|
|DNS black hole list spam protection|
|Text/HTML auto-responders with or without attachments |
|Individual email account administration via the hosting panel|
|Individual email account permissions|
|Add and remove named contacts on your account|
|Change package billing cycles from your panel|
|Upgrade your package at any time|
|Download PDF invoices|
|Easily add domain names to your account|
|Update payment methods in your panel|
What websites are well-suited to shared hosting?
- Shared hosting is great for a new online presence or websites and ecommerce stores which generate less than 15GB of bandwidth per month. If you’re not sure how much traffic you’ll be generating, just ask us. Provided your site falls within this traffic guideline, virtually any PHP & MySQL Web application can be hosted on NuBlue shared hosting.
Which websites are not suitable for shared hosting?
- Websites handling over 15GB of website traffic per month are better suited to their own private server environment. Either a virtual private server or managed dedicated server will be the better options for you. Please contact us and we’ll be happy to help you find the best server for your site.
I have an e-commerce store and want to be PCI-DSS compliant. Can I use shared hosting?
- If your payment gateway is offsite (that is, your customer goes to a payment vendor website such as Sagepay, Worldpay or PayPal to make their final payment) shared hosting will be fine.
If you have an onsite payment gateway (where you take payments on a page on your website using Sagepay Go Direct or similar) then you will need your own private server to satisfy the requirements of the PCI-DSS standard. Contact us and we’ll be happy to advise.
What happens if I need to upgrade?
- You can upgrade your shared package to a higher shared package in your billing panel. We’ll upgrade your hosting account seamlessly to the new package. If you would like to upgrade to virtual private server or a managed dedicated server, just ask. We’ll work with you to migrate your site in the smoothest way possible.
Where are your servers based?
- Our servers are based in leading Manchester datacentres and use one of the fastest fibre datacentre networks in the UK.
Can I get SSH access to a NuBlue shared hosting account?
- As it’s a shared server we don’t provide Secure Shell (SSH) access for security reasons. If you have simple SSH commands that you need to run, just contact us and we can run them for you. If you need greater or ongoing SSH access consider choosing our VPS and dedicated servers.
Can I get remote MySQL database access on a NuBlue shared hosting account?
- Remote MySQL database access, for the purposes of using software like MySQL Workbench and Navicat, is not provided on our standard shared platform. In the interests of security we restrict database access to the PHPMyAdmin available in your hosting control panel. Our VPS and dedicated servers allow remote MySQL as required.
Can you provide me with a development domain name?
- Yes. If you don’t have one ‘spare’ or don’t want to create a subdomain of an existing domain, we can help you setup a development domain of our own at no extra cost. Renaming webspace to create a live development domain is usually a simple process.
Do you provide POP or IMAP email services?
- We provide both. Choose NuBlue for your emails and you decide how you would like to access your mail service. You’ll find set-up is hassle-free with emails available from the moment you create an account.
What happens if I exceed my limits?
- In most cases you’ll receive a daily email informing you that you have gone over your limits, with advice on reducing your usage. If the overage continues then we will contact you directly to offer advice. If the solution is an upgrade, we will guide you through the process.
We fortunately chose NuBlue to host one of our clients' new e-commerce sites. The service level has been fantastic and the server stability has been great.
Jim Hill // Wise Guy Digital