What if sharing doesn't work for you? What if you want something different? Customized? Bespoke? What if you need more space to realise your online ambitions? A managed (or self-managed), Linux virtual private server gives your online business greater power, more flexibility, and real independence.
Turbo charge your website with a NuBlue Virtual Private Server (VPS). Use the slider below to 'tune' your VPS and then buy online.
- Business Grade Speed and Availability
- Excellent support team contactable through all means known to man*
- PHP 5.3 + Mysql 5 hosting with superb web app compatibility
- 80+ Web applications available for install with literally a few clicks
- Self-scheduled backups and NuBlue daily emergency backups
for when accidents happen
- Rock solid advanced email platform
Your most powerful performance platform
Bigger, more complex websites need a hosting platform to match. The Parallels Virtuozzo virtual private server gives your customers lightning fast response times, and gives you a platform built for the most demanding modern websites. Resources are guaranteed. Custom configuration squeezes every last drop of power out of your virtual server. And the Plesk 11 hosting control panel gives you smooth, intuitive control.
New technology. Greater flexibility
Growing is easy with a VPS. You can upgrade your package within minutes, and whatever your scale you’ll find the nginx and Apache front end gives your users a swift, seamless experience. The latest stable versions of PHP and MySQL come as standard, and you can configure your server to bespoke settings – to match your online needs.
Advanced tools for developers
Could your hosting make development quicker and easier? A NuBlue VPS gives you SSH access to any webspace on your server. Perform server maintenance from within your control panel. Website cloning (local and remote) from within your panel is included. And when you switch off a site for maintenance, a professional holding page will tell visitors why.
Real server management & support
We’re a Parallels Gold Partner with years of VPS management experience. That means we know your server inside out. Select our server management option and we’ll monitor it 24/7. Day or night, we’ll fix any server related issues that occur so all your customers see is a website that performs. If you’d prefer to manage your own server you can. You’ll still have access to our entirely UK based support team, together with online support designed to help you get more from your NuBlue VPS.
Feature Comparison Table
Feature Comparison Table
PRICE PER MONTH
|Ultra-fast bandwidth from one of the fastest datacentre fibre networks in the UK|
|Fast VPS containers on uncrowded VPS nodes, pro-actively monitored 24/7|
|Server management option providing real-time server monitoring with engineers on standby 24/7 |
|UK Datacentre (Manchester) |
|Exclusively high quality Dell Server hardware for nodes|
|Apache and nginx dual configuration for superior content delivery speed on all containers|
|Independently top rated support team|
|Multiple contact methods, live chat, email and phone|
|Email responses in under an hour during office hours (on average)|
|Support from Knowledgebase written guides & tutorial videos|
|Dedicated Twitter server status page to notify you of server related issues which may affect your service|
|Certified systems administrators|
STANDARD PANEL/WEBSPACE FEATURES
|Plesk 11 control panel on a Parallels Virtuozzo server|
|The latest stable versions of PHP & MySQL and superb web application compatibility|
|Magento optimisations to ensure excellent store performance|
|Installatron application installer allowing 80+ web apps to be installed with speed and ease|
|Easy Cronjob creation|
|SSL support and full SSL administration|
|Perl, Python and SSI support|
|Awstats & Webalizer server level website statistics|
|Control panel file management|
|FTP account management|
|Easy MySQL database creation|
|PHP MyAdmin panel|
|Password protected folders|
|Configurable scheduled backups from your hosting panel|
|On demand backups from your hosting panel|
|Daily NuBlue emergency backups using Idera CDP|
|Rock solid and feature packed email using the Postfix email server|
|Your choice of industry leading Roundcube webmail or Horde webmail|
|DNS black hole list spam protection|
|Text/HTML auto-responders with or without attachments |
|Individual email account administration via the hosting panel|
|Individual email account permissions|
|Add and remove named contacts on your account|
|Change package billing cycles from your panel|
|Upgrade your package at any time|
|Download PDF invoices|
|Easily add domain names to your account|
|Update payment methods in your panel|
What are the advantages of a VPS over shared hosting?
- VPS lets you optimise your hosting to your specific needs, giving you full control over every aspect. We can provide some advanced customisation too. You’ll also enjoy guaranteed resources, so it doesn’t matter what other sites are up to – they can’t significantly affect the running of yours.
What customisations can be made to my VPS?
- From your panel you can control all key PHP performance variables (including memory_limit, post_max_size and many others). You can also choose which Apache modules to load. If you’re unsure about the possibilities, or how to implement them, do get in touch.
VPS or a dedicated server?
- Some sites (particularly large e-commerce sites) will receive significant performance gains from using a managed, dedicated server. It will cost more but you’ll find it worth every penny to give your clients the best possible speed and experience when using your site. For smaller or non-ecommerce sites a VPS could well be more cost effective without sacrificing any noticeable performance. To make sure you make the right choice, please talk to our support team.
Is shell access provided with NuBlue VPS?
- Yes. You can easily create various levels of SSH access to any of your webspaces in the control panel.
Is a NuBlue VPS server PCI-DSS compliant?
- It can be. ‘Out of the box’ our VPS servers are not guaranteed to be compliant, however we will work with you to achieve compliance if you need it for an on-site payment gateway.
If I outgrow my current VPS package how easy is it to upgrade?
- Upgrading is a virtually seamless process usually requiring no more than one minute of downtime. You can upgrade to any VPS package in our line-up. Just ask our support team.
We have been using NuBlue for a VPS server for around 2 years now, and I can firmly say they are the best hosting company I have dealt with. Quick support, always helpful, and never had an issue with the servers (other than when I break things!).
Gareth Jones // Euro-Fit Systems Ltd