This guide will show you how to create an Ecommerce CDN record for your site from within your Nublue Billing panel.
1) Log in to your client billing area.
2) Go to ‘Services > My Services’ and then click ‘View Details’ to the right of your Ecommerce CDN package.
3) Scroll down and click the ‘New CDN Resource’ button to start creating a CDN resource.
4) Click the ‘http’ button to create a CDN resource.
5) The following fields need to be completed and steps followed:
- CDN Hostname: pick a hostname for your CDN resource (for example cdn.mydomain.co.uk) and input this.
- Origin(s): specify the domain of your website (for example ‘mydomain.com’).
6) Now you’ll need to scroll down and tick the Edge Groups you wish to use. These are the continents in which you wish to have your content served at accelerated speeds. Usually you would tick all of these, unless you don’t want your site to perform in, or target, a specific continent.
7) Now click ‘Create CDN Resource’.
8) Find your newly created CDN resource in the list and click the ‘Details’ button. Scroll to ‘DNS Settings’ and copy & paste the CDN CNAME information, which will be displayed as follows:
IN CNAME 123456789.r.worldcdn.net
9) Next you’ll need to head to your DNS settings in your Plesk Control Panel.
10) You’ll need to create a CNAME with the details you noted in step 8. In the ‘Add resource record to the zone’ section, set your record type as ‘CNAME’ from the drop-down menu. Type ‘cdn’ in the ‘domain name’ field, which should be followed by the rest of your domain name outside the field. Finally, paste in your CNAME into the ‘Canonical name’ field and click ‘OK’.
11) Finished! That’s everything you need to do to create your CDN resource. Now you’ll need to configure your content management system to use the Ecommerce CDN. Please see our other guides in the Knowledge Base for guidance on how to do this.